Camp Lockett was home to the 10th, 11th, and 28th Cavalries through World War II. The Buffalo Soldiers were busy guarding the southern border of the United States and prisoners of war from Italy. The Camp Lockett Museum exhibits authentic uniforms and equipment utilized by the soldiers garrisoned in Campo.
The dedication of a historical plaque donated by the John P. Squibob #1853 chapter of the E. Campus Vitus, on October 21, 2017.
This video documents the daily training the Cavalries endured while stationed at Camp Lockett